Monday, November 13, 2006

Jesus Christ

I'm spending time at my parents' house while they're in Florida for the week. So, last night, I took advantage of the acoustic, capacious bungalow by belting out lyrics to some Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals at the top of my lungs. I could be a star....on broadway.

I have a long history of being overheard singing when I was believed to be alone, infamously serenading myself in the bathtub with some "Circle of Life" action when I was much, much younger.

Anyway, as fortune would have it, no one showed up last evening. (To my knowledge.)

This impromptu session of mellifluence was prompted by a recent viewing of Jesus Christ Superstar, one of the greatest movies of the 2oth century ("One thing I'll say for him, Jesus is cool.").

Thank God I don't have a video camera, or I almost certainly would have taped myself singing. Talk about embarrassing. The tape would've undoubtedly reached the wrong hands, perhaps even slinking its way onto the Internet, and then I'd have lots of 'splaining to do. And should I really have to explain why I enjoy taping myself while singing broadway hits, naked?

No.

(p.s. I even sing into my "microphone".)

No comments: