Saturday, February 17, 2007

Victory Sealed with a Kiss

After guiding an 83-70 upset over #1 Florida Saturday afternoon, showing off an incredible feat of athleticism, Shan Foster simultaneously chest bumps and passionately open-mouth kisses another member of the victorious Vanderbilt squad, which improved to 18-8.

Some believe the creative ad hoc celebration could very well be the next "Lambeau Leap."

The stunning PDA -- public display of affection -- comes less than a week after ex-NBA great Tim Hardaway told Miami Herald radio host Dan Le Batard, "You know, I hate gay people, so let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

Foster and Derrick Byars, 24 points, led the Commodores in scoring.

After receiving a maelstrom of criticism, Hardaway later clarified his remarks through a press release, "Those comments man, shit, that was my bad. I meant to say that I love gay people. The funny thing is, I am the least racist man I know. Let it be known. Tim Hardaway thinks gays are rad."

The victory marks the sixth time Vanderbilt has defeated a ranked opponent.

No comments: