Sunday, December 03, 2006

Fantasy Football

My Fantasy Football Player of the Week: Stephen Jackson.

Jackson has three 100 yard performances this year so far. In the last three weeks, he has averaged 80 yards on 16 carries per contest (5 ypc). He's added 47 ypg receiving in that span, and he has scored two touchdowns. That amounts to about 16.7 fantasy points per week.

Going against me in two leagues, Stephen Jackson is guaranteed to have a monster performance. Look for 100-150 yards and 2 TDs-- between 22-27 points. It's a virtual lock. Like the Men's Warehouse, I guarantee it.

In fact, you could see the rare 100/100 feat pulled off; yes, he might actually have a hundred yards both rushing and receiving.

Let the games begin.

p.s. Pray for me.

UPDATE: Well, Jackson had 16.5 points--pretty typical, though still pretty good considering his failure to reach the end zone. Enough to cast my playoff hopes in serious doubt in the Proton league, as the Crusaders crushed me. It's the second time Gonzo has gone off against me this year for 20+ points. Bah. But I managed to pull off a lucky victory in my other league, The Fuckups, which I care about more anyway (seeing as I actually drafted my players, not some robot). I also won the day in the Amtelco league, which is sort of bittersweet, as I had second place locked up anyway and I was playing my dad, who will likely be bumped down in the seedings thanks to this week's thrashing. C'est la vie.

No comments: