Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Fantasy Football

Well, turns out Friday the 13th meant bad luck, after all -- in fantasy football. I'm a combined 1-5 in my three leagues over the last two weeks. In the 'home' league, I'm 0-2 over the span; I've lost by a combined 4.05 points. In that league, I'm now 3-4 and a game from being out of the playoffs despite having -- by a large margin -- the most total points in the league. I've lost two games due to players getting injured or unexpectedly not playing. This week I singlehandedly destroyed Greg Jennings by starting him in two leagues.

The results: One catch, one point and, now, one ankle.

I hastily snapped his streak of four straight 8+ point weeks. You're welcome.

Why the fuck is my program taking twenty minutes to compile? Fuck Visual Studio.

No, I shouldn't say that. I'm just projecting. I'm sorry, Visual Studio. I can't stay mad at you.

p.s. I was up till 3:30 in the AM working last night. On fewer than five hours of sleep. It takes me back to mornings during middle school, when I had to wake up at 7 AM every day. Shudder. I'd wake up, take a shower, lay on the cold bathroom tile floor afterwards and think, literally, no hyperbole required, 'Why would God let this happen? Why can I be this tired?'

No comments: