Sunday, July 16, 2006

Day 2: Pizza Strike

Can I go THIRTY days without having pizza? That is the challenge.

After nearly ordering a pizza from Papa John's this afternoon for no good reason, after nearly adding 3000 calories to my day's intake TWO HOURS BEFORE I was set to have a free dinner at TGI Friday's, I decided enough was enough. (Note: instead of eating, I lifted weights and ran a mile.)

It's a scientific fact: while writing this article, I have already craved a Tombstone.

Frankly, I'll be shocked if I last a week. The only chance I have is opening up this challenge to the public so I'll be humiliated when I fail, probably after three days. Have I mentioned it's day two? But anyway, I figure the threat of humiliation is the only source of motivation powerful enough to give me a shot at this.

As Captain Picard said in Star Trek: First Contact, "The line must be drawn here!"

While the Borg rank slightly higher on the scale of malevolence, pizza is a close second.

Another scientific fact: I have, during the writing of this article, thought of not publishing this article and giving up my challenge. Dead serious.

Ugh. I'm tired. Sleepy time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you want to eat some pizza!!! Do it, eat some pizza!!! What a stoo-pid idea to not eat pizza!!! What's it going to hurt? What's the point? There's nothing wrong with pizza!!! There's a tombstone in your freezer, go preheat the oven. Eat some pizza!!!

Brett said...

'cause i can buy some 24-packs of beer with the money i save.

that's the current strategy: whenever I crave pizza, I drink beer.

so far, so good.

being drunk at work is the bestest!!!

Anonymous said...

Your plan is stoo-pid! When you drink beer you want to eat more pizza!!! What goes better with beer than pizza? Nothing!!! Eat some pizza!!!

Brett said...

ok, maybe just a *small* pizza from the 'Hut.

no!

upgrading to whiskey. weeeeeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

How goes the battle? You've been eating pizza, haven't you! Pizza!!! If you haven't, you should; it's been long enough--you proved your point. Now go ahead: eat some pizza!!!