Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Rwrrarrrr!

The Tigers defeated the Indians last night 9-7. I know what you're thinking: who gives a flying WHOOPSIE! Not I. But according to ESPN, "[w]ith a five-run first inning, Detroit became the first team in 115 years to score at least five runs in the first at-bat of three straight games, and the Tigers held on for a 9-7 win over the Cleveland Indians."

Holy WHOOPSIE!

Now, being a Brewers fan, I know I'm unaccustomed to watching great baseball, but five runs in the first inning of three straight games--all in the first at-bat?!

I think Detroit is officially my favorite team now. Hell, I'd WHOOPSIE a brick if Rickie Weeks, the Brewers' leadoff man, tallied a lowly two runs to start a game. Is that so much to ask? And I wouldn't get greedy and ask him to do it three times in a row. Just once. C'mon, Rickie, ya sack of WHOOPSIE. A two-run shot to lead off the game. You WHOOPSIEdamn motherWHOOPSer.

He'd never WHOOPSing do that.

Ergo, the Detroit Tigers are now my favorite baseball team.

Go Tigers!!

p.s. WHOOSPIE you, Brewers. You've broken my heart one too many times. WHOOPSIE!!!!

No comments: